Friday, January 23, 2009

Chocolate Cupcake Bites


I'm a sucker. A sucker for swirls of frosting, colorful sprinkles, and dense, dense chocolatey goodness. So why is it that these little cupcake bites have been sitting in queue for over three months? Travesty, I tell you! Either that, or it's a sign of how possessive I am of certain things. Cute, little, chocolatey things, happily sprinkled with little pastel butterflies or bright flowers.


These came after a failed attempt at cupcake bites - red velvet, in fact. I used a box mix (horrors!), and every time I went to take pictures of them, I got irritated at how red my fingers got. That. is. not. natural. Pretty, yes. Natural, not so much. So I went on a small hiatus from these little goodies, until I made a chocolate cake that rose so much it caved in near the end of baking. Since it would be a little difficult to make the cake aesthetically pleasing in the form it was in, I went to a backup plan. Cupcake bites, with homemade cream cheese frosting. And sprinkles.


I did mention the sprinkles, right?


Because that's nearly the best part for me.


SPRINKLES!!!


*ahem* May I take this moment to thank you for putting up with my craziness? Because seriously, you're super. As I tell the boyfriend over and over, I wouldn't date me.

16 comments:

The Food Librarian said...

I love the sprinkle too! These look very cute!

Marie said...

Your sprinkles are delightful and I love, Love, LOVE the shape of your cupcakes!

Natashya said...

The sprinkles give one hope for spring..
Great looking cupcakes, so happy looking.

rainbowbrown said...

Hmm. You certainly make sprinkles sound intriguing. Cream cheese frosting too. Excuse me, I've got to go find something to frost...

Snooky doodle said...

ha these are so cute :) i love to have one. the sprinkles are so nice pity i don t find them here . only one type of sprinkle :( these chocolaty cupcake looks awesome

Steph said...

sprinkles are the best!! I still get the donuts with the sprinkles on top and call them the sprinkly one even though it's really called vanilla dip..hahha. The cupcakes look really cute! You did an amazing job decorating them.

pinkstripes said...

Cute cupcake bites! Sprinkles are always good.

Megan said...

You do realize that red is not a flavor - (insert heavy sarcasm). I don't get the whole red velvet thing anyways, but I just adore the mini's. How the %@$# did you frost them so nicely? I mean, they are small, so it must have been quite a delicious chore.

Jules Someone said...

Sucker. ;-)

Di said...

Those are adorable. I have those same sprinkles. I was thinking of breaking them out to decorate the cupcakes that I'm taking to Brianna's kindergarten class on Monday (her birthday is on Sunday).

CB said...

Ah-Freaking-Adorable! I've had cupcake bites on my list for a while now too. Just haven't had the chance yet. Definitely gonna load up on the sprinkles when I do though ;)
/Clara

Pamela said...

I love 'em! They are so cute.

Fit Chick said...

Love your sprinkles, so colorful! I need to buy more, you can never have enough sprinkles!

Jude said...

Did you say box mix??? No you did not :)

Cakelaw said...

These are just so cute - love the sprinkles!

Gabe's Girl said...

There is something about these adorable little cupcake that just makes me smile all goofy like!