Monday, May 19, 2008

NFR: Funny Searches

So I finally caved and found a tracking site to see if people actually read things that I write. Because really, after my sister started commenting on posts, I started wondering where people were coming from. Seriously, out of the woodwork and into my lil site in the blogosphere. Who really wants to read things written by an engineer, albeit one who finds writing slightly more fun than fiddling with excel all day. But only slightly. I am a dork, ya know.

But back to the tracking thing. The site I use now has a tab for what searches led people to my blog, and seriously - hilarious. After just a few days, I already have some gems. Who searches for "bribe me with a muffin?" I mean, you could probably bribe me with a muffin, but why would you search for that phrase? Evidently I bake enough muffins that my site shows up. I'm sorta tempted to see how high up on Google's list my site shows up when searching for that particular phrase.

Oh, and whoever was asking "what is nfr diet" - I have no clue. Good luck with that one.

7 comments:

CB said...

So freaking funny! The searches crack me up too. The best one that I got was "What do ravers eat at a rave?" I think I had just written a "rave" review on a recent etsy purchase. Hilarity! ps. What tracking site you using? I am always looking for more ways to amuse myself with stats. LOL.

Dianne's Dishes said...

Adorable! I love them all lined up in a row like that on your counter. :)

I'm the same way with kitchen tools. Right now I want a mini-blow torch and a pop over pan...I'll figure out what I exactly want to do with them later, but right off the top of my head creme brulee and blue cheese popovers comes to mind. :)

Mara said...

omg i love your mini madeleine's and the little army shots, too cute!!!

Sherry Trifle - Lovely Cats said...

Beautiful Madeleines. I love the arrangement of the hordes. I too cannot wait to try all the different flavors of Madeleines Dorie has in her book.

Liliana said...

I love your madeleines - they're so cute all lined up in rows!

Great job!

Jennifer Moore said...

What is the tracking site?

rach said...

if i put strange things in this post, will it attract other strange searches, or does the search stuff only apply to your own posts? curiosity! clowns! turkish polar bears! candy dragonflies! pants!